805U-D Wireless Serial Data Modem
The ELPRO 805U-D Wireless Serial Modem is a robust, license-free serial transceiver capable of long range communications to 10km/6mile. Operating at 869MHz and up to 500mW, the ELPRO 805U-D provides high-speed RS232 and RS485 connectivity up to 76.8kbps, which provides robust and secure two-way wireless serial communications in challenging environments typical of industrial monitoring and control applications.
Capable of high speed communications with serial devices, the ELPRO 805U-D can communicate using either transparent broadcast mode or a controlled addressed mode. Both offer node to node, node to multi-node and repeatability for greater range. Integrated forward error correction maximizes bit error rate providing greater transmission reliability and configurable DTR controlled low power mode on the RS232 port aids reduction of overall power consumption. The modem is hazardous area approved, delivering strong resistance in harsh industrial environments.
Catalog Number: 805U-D
Applications: Oil/Gas Field Production/Distribution, Water/Waste Water to SCADA, Electrical Metering/Consumption, Serial Transducer Devices to SCADA/HMI, Serial Datalogger Connectivity, PLC to PLC to SCADA/DCS Connection, Conveyor Belt Header Drums, Notification Panels And Sirens
- 869.525MHz Frequency at 500mW RF Power
- 869.875MHz Frequency at 5mW RF Power
- Radio Data Rate up to 76.8kbps
- High Speed RS232 and RS485 Data Rate to 115kbps
- Transparent/Simultaneous Broadcast and Addressable Device Messaging
- LOS Distance to 10kms (6miles) in a Single Hop – Unlimited Repeatability
- Low Power Consumption Mode with DTR Control
- Forward Error Correction Communications (CRC Error Checking with ARQ)
- Simplistic Configuration for AT Hayes Commands or Windows Software
- Helpful Diagnostics Include Radio Signal Strength and BER Indication